myrouter.local is the default web address that is used to log in Linksys routers’ web-based setup page at http://myrouter.local. This web interface is essential when you need to set up different settings such as port forwarding, wireless networking setup security, and LAN settings.
How do I login to myrouter.local
Here’s how to access the Linksys router Web Interface through myrouter.local
- First, make sure your router is turned on. Next, connect your router to your computer.
- An Ethernet cable is recommended to establish a wired connection between your router and your PC. You can also connect to the router’s WiFi network wirelessly if an Ethernet cable is unavailable.
- Once you have established a connection between your router and the device open a web browser from your computer/laptop.
- In the address bar of the browser, type http://myrouter.local (default web address for web interface) or 192.168.1.1 (default IP address for web interface) and hit Enter.
- You will be redirected to a login page. Here you will need to enter your default username and password in order to continue. For Linksys routers, the default username and password are:
- Username: Blank field
- Password: admin
- If your login credentials are correct, you will be able to log into the web interface of Linksys router.
How do I change my Linksys WiFi Password
Here’s how to change the default password of any Linksys router.
- Log in to myrouter.local, or 192.168.1.1.
- Log in to access the Wireless tab.
- Select Wireless Settings.
- For confirmation, enter the new password in Passphrase and then re-enter it into the field below.
- Click on Save settings.
- Successfully changing the router password will occur.
Note: Once the password has been changed, the WiFi will disconnect automatically from all connected devices. The new password is required to reconnect the WiFi.
How do I change the password for the Linksys Web Based Setup Page Password
The default administrator password for the web management page of Linksys routers is admin. It is recommended to change the default administrator password in order to make your router safe and secure.
This password is different from the wireless WiFi password. This password is not used to connect to the wireless router.
- Use the above method to log in to the router’s web interface.
- Log in to access the Administration tab.
- Select Management from the left column.
- Enter the new password into the Router Password box and then re-enter it below to confirm.
- Click on Save settings.
- The default router password will now be changed. You will no longer be able access the web interface with the old password.
Forgot your Router Password
You will not be able to access the router’s web interface if you have forgotten your Linksys router password. Resetting the router password is the only way to gain access to the router’s web interface. Factory resets are required.
Factory Resetting a router will reset all settings and changes back to factory default, including any password changed. Factory resetting the router will allow you to log in to the web interface if you have forgotten your default administrator password.
Here’s how to factory reset your router
- The RESET button is located at the back of your router. This button is often small and hidden.
- Use a needle, a paper clip or another similar object to press and hold the button. Hold it for about 10-15 seconds. When you do this, make sure the router is ON.
- waits for 10-15 seconds before releasing the button. After the LED lights blink, the router will restart.
- Reboot everything and it will return to factory defaults. You can then log in again to the web interface using your default router password, i.e. “admin”.