Men’s T20 World Cup Final
England beat Pakistan by 7 wickets in T20 World Cup. In the T20 World Cup final match played between Pakistan and England, England beat Pakistan by 5 wickets.
Pakistan – 137/8, England – 138/5
After winning the toss, England decided to field first and invited Pakistan to bat. Pakistan did not have a good start and did not score good runs in the power play, due to which they could not make a big score. Pakistan scored 137 runs in 20 overs.
Gland defeated Pakistan by 5 wickets on the basis of stormy performance of Ben Stokes in the match played in Melbourne. Batting first, Pakistan had given a target of 138 runs. In response, England won the match at the loss of 5 wickets. England captured the T20 World Cup title for the second time. Sam Curran and Adil Rashid bowled dangerously for the team.
Ben Stokes’ match winning performance
Sam Curran gets the award for Player of the Match.
England has won the T20 World Cup title for the second time and Ben Stokes has proved why he is considered the greatest all-rounder of all time. When the England team was in trouble, Ben Stokes kept his feet on the crease with restraint and in the end scored his runs and gave his team victory. Attempts were being made by Pakistan to repeat the historic victory of 1992, but it could not happen.
Journey of both the teams in T20 World Cup 2022
• 5 wicket win over Afghanistan
• Lost to Ireland by 5 runs
• Match against Australia canceled
• beat New Zealand by 20 runs
• beat Sri Lanka by 4 wickets
• beat India by 10 wickets (semi-final)
• beat Pakistan by 5 wickets
• Lost to India by 4 wickets
• Lost to Zimbabwe by 1 run
• beat Netherlands by 6 wickets
• beat South Africa by 33 runs
• beat Bangladesh by 5 wickets
• Beat New Zealand by 7 wickets (Semifinal)
• England beat by five wickets